Congratulations, your journey to Black Belt has begun!
The martial arts are recognized for providing a lifetime of personal growth skills. We are excited to have the opportunity to share these benefits with you. To maximize the many benefits you can experience from the martial arts, we think it’s very important for you to understand the areas we focus on in our program. This will ensure a great martial art experience for all!
THE EDGE MARTIAL ARTS emphasizes:
- Self Confidence and Self-Esteem - Martial Arts provide you with the confidence to control situations and an ability to stand up to peer pressure and other intimidating situations.
- Excellence in all aspects of life - Our program develops the mindset of continuous improvement in all your activities and interests.
- Perseverance and Goal Setting - Earning higher levels of martial art belts instills a sense of achievement and accomplishment. Training for your belt tests and passing them, enhances your ability to concentrate, plan for and triumph over challenges.
- Physical fitness - The martial arts develop coordination and increases strength and flexibility, which will carry over to the workplace, school, and sports.
- Self-Defense - We utilize effective and easy to learn self-defense so you can defend yourself if necessary. Emphasis is placed on verbal de-escalation drills and also the legalities involved. These skills also directly increase your self-confidence.
- Respect for parents, authority, environment, and peers
- Fun!! - We strive to balance your workouts to development the above traits while at the same time ensuring an enjoyable experience. You’ll also make lifelong friends with people seeking the same life enhancing skills you desire.
Our program is designed to allow you to grow as a martial artist and as a person. What you learn about yourself while earning your black belt will help you in many aspects of your life including school and/or work. Have patience with yourself in training, strive for continuous improvement, and remember "What you Believe is What you Achieve!" On behalf of the entire staff and students at THE EDGE, welcome!